Jannu (7710m) North Face, alpine style


Tomorrow we will start. If we have not any surprises from he weather.

14.10.2007Hi! Today, October 12th. We have a day off. Yesterdays we finally found a way up to 5 500 meters in the plateau up to north Face of Jannu. During the ascent we are going to have a first bivi there. Then we should cross plateau and go up to the saddle - the Jannu west ridge and our new route beginning. Overall of the route is approx. 3 km. We will climb in alpine style.
Yesterday we saw a lot of snow up there. So the ascent will be quit hard. It is because of the non-stop snow falls.
The second day of a clear weather today. We dry all our things and are preparing. We feel good and brave.
If the weather allow us in two days we start to climb. We plan to spend 8-9 days on the route. Just one "because" - weather.
Descent way - the way of ascent or down by S-W ridge to nearest valley. We will have a radio with us and have connection with Olga - my wife. She stays in BC.
Wait for our news.
Wish us good luck!
Valery and Sergey.

Copyright © Valery Babanov.  2001-2023
При использовании материалов сайта ссылка на сайт обязательна!